If you are a League of Legends user and have played the game for quite some time now. Then, frequent encounters with errors and bugs should not be something new for you. And since you are already here reading the following article on, “How to fix League of Legends error code 0U?”. My guess is that you must have already come across such an error code at the moment and need a solution ASAP!
This is exactly where our following article comes in. Here, you can expect to find the most popular and widely used solutions out there to help you fix the issue on your own and in no time.
Troubleshoot To Fix League of Legends error code 0U
Below, I have listed all the top fixes out there with the help of which you should be able to fix the League of Legends error code 0U on your respective systems, pretty easily and efficiently.
Fix 1: Allow The Game In Firewall
There may be times when your default Windows Firewall or any other third party Antivirus service or Firewall you may be using on your PC may affect the game from launching or playing properly.
Although, this might rarely be the case or cause. Still, allowing the game or adding the game in your Firewall exceptions might help solve the issue, if it is indeed something where your Antivirus or Firewall service is stopping the game from working properly.
Below, I have shown the steps to allow the game through Windows Firewall only. However, if you are using a different third party Firewall service or Antivirus. Then, you can google up the steps directly, since different Antivirus might follow different steps to Allow apps on them.
- First go to your Windows Search bar at the Windows Taskbar below, and type in Firewall and network protection.
- Then under results, click on and launch the Firewall & Network protection system settings option.
- From the Firewall & Network protection window, click on the Allow an app through Firewall option as shown below.
- Then from the list of ‘Allowed apps and features’, check and see if League of Legends is available there.
- If not, then click on the Change Settings button at the top right and then click on the Allow another app… button below.
- Next, click on the Browse button and then try to browse the path to the League of Legends folder or game.
- Once you find the game, select it and click on the Add button.
- After the game has been allowed, see if the error still persists when trying to launch the game or playing.
Fix 2: Try Using The Hextech Repair Tool
If allowing the game on your PCs firewall did not help solve the issue. Then, next you can try using the Hextech Repair Tool to see if that helps fix the problem.
Moreover, the fact that the Hextech Repair Tool has been developed by Riot Games themselves, just gives it more reasons to be used when it comes to solving the problem without having to worry about the authenticity of the tool or its efficiency.
So, the way to use the tool to find out the problem and fix it may be as follows:
- Firstly, you will need to download the tool from Riot Games’ official site.
- Depending upon which OS you are using, you can either download the tool for Windows OS or Mac OS by clicking on their respective download button link as shown below.
- Once the tool has been downloaded, next all you need to do is launch it and go through the prompted steps as displayed by the tool till it finds the problem and fixes it on its own.
Fix 3: Uninstall and Reinstall the game PBE client
If none of the above methods work for you, then you can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the PBE client for the game.
Simply, uninstall the League of Legends PBE client from your PC and then Reinstall the client back onto your system. In this way, while reinstalling the game you should also be able to update the game automatically and simultaneously.
Hence, in this way by following the methods: Allowing LOL in Firewall, Use Hextech Repair Tool and Uninstall and Reinstall the game PBE client. You should be able to solve the error code 0U League of Legends.
However, if for some reason even after having tried out all the solutions as mentioned above, you are still unable to fix the problem. Then, you can directly try contacting League of Legends official HelpDesk, or raise the issue over at their Support page.
The Gather System & LoL Logs file which you would have generated by using the Hextech Repair Tool above, can be uploaded or attached when raising the issue on the Support page.